The extensive scientific research has shown excellent results for the consistent use of glucosamine HCl, chondroitin sulfate and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) by people with OA of the knee. Those who want to safely alleviate their joint discomfort and maintain healthy joints will definitely benefit from these 3 original researched ingredients from Spain and USA.
Clinical benefits of glucosamine HCl:
• Rebuild damaged cartilage and lubricate the joints
Glucosamine is the main building block for the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), hyaluronic acid (HA) and proteoglycans, which are important constituents of healthy cartilage and lubricating fluid in the joints.
• Relieve joint pain, swelling and stiffness
Glucosamine enhances the production of HA and its anti-inflammatory action helps to relieve joint pain and therefore reduce joint swelling and stiffness.
• Increase joint mobility and flexibility
Glucosamine increases the production of synovial fluid and proteoglycans to maintain the elasticity, strength and resilience of joints.
Clinical benefits of chondroitin sulfate:
• Support strong healthy cartilage
Chondroitin sulfate helps draw water into the cartilage, keeping it spongy and adding to the thickness and elasticity of cartilage and its ability to absorb compressive force.
• Stimulate the formation of new cartilage and synovial fluid
Chondroitin sulfate plays a role in the chondrocyte metabolism and stimulates the synthesis of GAGs and HA.
• Prevent degeneration of cartilage and joints
Chondroitin sulfate inhibits the degradative enzymes, which breakdown cartilage matrix and synovial fluid and prevents the destruction of cartilage and loss of joint function.
Clinical benefits of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM):
• Support overall joint health
MSM is rich in organic sulfur which is an important building block for the formation of connective tissue to support healthy bones, joints and cartilage.
• Reduce joint pain and inflammation
MSM has anti-inflammatory effect and helps to reduce joint pain by lowering inflammatory responses that contribute to swelling and stiffness and is useful in the management of OA.
• Improve physical function and stay active
MSM helps reduce the degeneration of cartilage in joints and improve in physical function to support an active lifestyle and increase quality of life.
Glucosamine appears to act synergistically with chondroitin sulfate and MSM. Research has demonstrated that this 3-in-1 combination appears to act synergistically to stimulate production of new cartilage, have an anti-inflammatory effect, slow down the progression of joint degeneration and improve mobility.
b-glu® and CS bioactive® are the registered trademark licensed by Bioiberica, S.A.U., Spain.
OptiMSM® is a registered trademark of Bergstrom Nutrition, Inc., USA.
Tips for Managing Osteoarthritis:
Learn how to protect and care for your joints and to manage the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
• Heat therapy (eg. hot packs, a heated pool) can relieve joint pain and stiffness.
• Cold therapy (eg. cold packs) can relieve joint pain and swelling.
Rest and joint care
• Practice relaxation techniques - regular relaxation can improve symptoms.
• Maintain good posture to limit stress on joints and muscles.
• Appropriate footwear (eg. insoles or cushioned shoes) can help redistribute weight and reduce joint stress.
• Walking sticks, braces and splints can protect and support joints.
• Regular exercise can improve mood, reduce joint pain and stiffness, increase flexibility, and strengthen muscles, bones and ligaments.
• Warm water exercise can be especially helpful as the warmth and buoyancy of the water makes movement easier.
• Keep to a healthy weight to limit stress on weight-bearing joints. Exercise regularly and have a healthy diet, including plenty of fruit, vegetables and whole grains. Limit foods high in fat, sugar or salt.
• Strain or injury to a joint (eg. sports, occupational) can increase the risk of osteoarthritis developing in that joint. • Proper treatment of injuries and appropriate joint protection during physical activity can help to limit or avoid osteoarthritis later in life.
Product Information for consumer: